We are looking for business volunteers to help with half day Skills for Life sessions to be held in local schools.
Skills for Life is a morning event that we hold in schools to prepare students for their work experience, it covers five key topics relating to life in the work place, working with people, telephone techniques, customer service, health & safety and Dress to Impress. The best thing about this volunteer opportunity is you don't need to change out of work clothes to paint or dig, it is a relaxed team event in small groups but by the end of the morning you will have helped over 100 students!
Based on your industry any of the sessions would be relevant and no preparation is required as each session is common sense to us but a great way to customise a student to life in the workplace. For more details see www.learningtowork.org.uk GET INVOLVED
We hope that this is also a benefit to the business:-
- the opportunity to promote your business locally
- simple way to gain community links and add to your local Corporate Social Responsibility programme
- addition to existing recruitment strategy and opportunity to influence the future workforce and future customers
- community volunteering enhances staff positive image of the company and therefore staff motivation
- positive Public Relations with potential local press coverage and community spirit amongst potential customers
- work experience offers an extra pair of hands
If you find a willing volunteer please call or email Amandeep (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 01753 502384
Learning to Work is a charitable organisation who facilitate the link between business and education. Brokering events in and out of school, supporting over 30,000 children in the local area, including: Enterprise events, Science, Technology & Engineering events, Skills for Life, Maths marathons, Diploma curriculum planning, Mock interview days and a wide spectrum of other events plus business engagement events to encourage business volunteering. By providing a link between businesses and schools, creating opportunities to raise aspirations and develop the skills of today's young people and we have been providing this service to the world of education and business in the local area for over 24 years.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Financial Service Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- This is flexible based on your availability