Volunteers are needed with to help with our English as a Second Language adult education program, and assist with activities to promote literacy, comprehension and spoken English language skills. Volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of one semester (fall, spring, or summer), but a year-long commitment is encouraged. 1 hour per week, plus preparation.
Previous expereince teaching or volunteering in a ESL, TOFOL, or ESOL class is requried. For detailed information: http://facetscares.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ESL-Volunteer-Description-FY15.pdf
- Verbal / Written Communication
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 2 hours per week for a semester
- Van Maintenance Volunteers
- Front Desk Volunteer - Alexandria
- Front Desk Volunteers (Fairfax)
- Male Models Needed! Boys Group...
- Volunteer Photographer
- Community Development Intern
- Help children in Centreville,...
- ESL Instructor Volunteer
- Be a Reading group leader in...
- Tutor a child in Math, Science,...
- Summer Camp Drivers