Homework help volunteers will mentor our students who are working on homework assignments, projects, filling out Reading logs and studying for tests.
- Willing to support the mission of FACETS.
- Support Lead volunteer to specific groups of elementary children and redirect as necessary
- Use positive behavior management in dealing both with children and volunteers
- Assist elementary school students in completing homework, working on projects, filling out Reading Logs and studying for tests.
- Clarify with students what they need help with
- Provide subject knowledge without answering the questions for students
By offering your knowledge, patience and encouragement, you are not only making an impact on our students’ lives but also applying and improving what you’ve learned.
You also gain skills that could be added to your resume.
- Passion for working with children, especially in an educational and developmental role
- Knowledge in current social services, homeless, and housing issues and methods/approaches to address issues.
- Flexibility and ability to frequently change priorities.
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Self-reliant problem solver and team player.
- Patience and adaptability
- Respect of diverse lifestyles, cultures, religions and values.
- General Education
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week for the entire school year
- (Ongoing) Female Models Needed -...
- Ongoing- Front Desk Volunteers...
- Volunteer Photographer
- Come One Come All - Fundraising...
- (Inactive) Lead an exercise...
- (Ongoing) Volunteer Drivers...
- Ongoing - Computer Lab Volunteers
- (Ongoing) Help children in...
- (Ongoing) Employment Meet Up...
- (Ongoing) ESL Instructor Volunteer
- (Inactive) Pantry Volunteer at...
- (Ongoing) ECD Volunteer Tutors
- (Ongoing) Be an inspiring mentor!
- (Ongoing- Van Maintenance...
- (Ongoing) Front Desk Volunteer...
- (Ongoing) Male Models Needed!...
- (Ongoing) Community Development...
- (Inactive) Summer Intern -...
- (Ongoing) Child Care Assistant...
- (Ongoing) Be a Reading group...