Homework help volunteers will mentor our students who are working on homework assignments, projects, filling out Reading logs and studying for tests.
- Willing to support the mission of FACETS.
- Support Lead volunteer to specific groups of elementary children and redirect as necessary
- Use positive behavior management in dealing both with children and volunteers
- Assist elementary school students in completing homework, working on projects, filling out Reading Logs and studying for tests.
- Clarify with students what they need help with
- Provide subject knowledge without answering the questions for students
By offering your knowledge, patience and encouragement, you are not only making an impact on our students’ lives but also applying and improving what you’ve learned.
You also gain skills that could be added to your resume.
- Passion for working with children, especially in an educational and developmental role
- Knowledge in current social services, homeless, and housing issues and methods/approaches to address issues.
- Flexibility and ability to frequently change priorities.
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Self-reliant problem solver and team player.
- Patience and adaptability
- Respect of diverse lifestyles, cultures, religions and values.
- General Education
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week for the entire school year
- Boys or Girls Club Volunteer
- Lead an exercise group for women...
- Drivers Needed During the Winter...
- Zumba Instructor
- Help children in Centreville,...
- Employment Meet Up Driver and...
- Holiday Children's Gift Exchange...
- Pantry Volunteer at Family Program
- Tutor a child in Math, Science,...
- Have you had your Wheaties...
- Make a difference in the lives...
- Be an inspiring mentor!
- Van Maintenance Volunteers
- Front Desk Volunteer - Alexandria
- Drivers Needed to transport...
- The Technologically savvy are...
- Fundraising Event Staff
- Put keys in an individual's hand...
- Donation Drive Volunteers
- Be a Reading group leader in...