The multi-purpose Symphony Hall (home to The Phoenix Symphony, Arizona Opera and Ballet Arizona) and Orpheum Theater venues are currently seeking high energy, community service-focused theater ushers who are looking for opportunities to contribute some time to local arts organizations! Ushers have the added benefit of enjoying the shows. The Phoenix Convention Center, a division of the City of Phoenix, operates the historic Orpheum Theatre located at 203 West Adams Street and Symphony Hall at 75 N. Second Street (2nd Street and Adams).
Ushers are engaged as hosts, and are the most visible reflection of service during events. Duties include:
- Greet attendees
- Hand out programs
- Escort patrons to their correct seats
- Provide direction and answer venue inquiries.
Ushers are relied upon to be courteous, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful to the clients and patrons. In this manner, volunteer ushers are in a position to positively impact the experience of patrons of the arts in Phoenix, thereby benefiting those who utilize these facilities.
We request that all volunteers be trained in both of our venues which requires attending one training session in each theater. Upcoming training dates are:
- Sunday, September 10, 2017 at the Orpheum Theatre from 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017 atSymphony Hall from 10:30am - 1:00pm
- Sunday, September 17, 2017 at Symphony Hall from 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at the Orpheum Theatre from 11:00am - 1pm
- Monday, October 2, 2017 at Symphony Hall from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- October 25, 2017 at the Orpheum Theatre from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Please RSVP for these training sessions via email at 'firstname.lastname@example.org’.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours per month