Primary School & TEFL Teachers wanted in rural Malawi
4 people are interested
H.E.L.P. Malawi is currently searching for English Teachers/Trainees and/or CELTA/TEFL teachers to join our international volunteer program at a local Malawian government primary school for the 2019 -2020 academic school year. Whether you are a fully qualified English teacher, teacher trainee, or CELTA/ certified teacher, you are welcome to join our volunteer programme in rural southern Malawi. Placements are from:
* September-December 2019,
* January -April 2020.
* April - July 2020
Activities include but are not excluded to:
* Tutoring small groups of learners in English (ESL) throughout the school day.
* Facilitating standard 8 revision groups
* Providing reading support to young learners.
* Teaching the after-school English Activity Class and other activities offered at the school.
* Supporting activities that enhance the development of pre - school learners at the child development centre.
International Volunteer Program offerings:
* Experience of life in a rural community in Africa and life-changing cross-cultural experiences!
* NO JOINING FEE - you just fund your own flights, international travel insurance (required) and food on site.
* Placements of 3-month plus are available.
* Opportunities for special interest programs/projects
* Housing provided (max 4 volunteers) with water available and solar electricity.
* Airport pick-up and full orientation included in addition to on-site support
* Successful applicants must be highly proficient English language speakers.
* Trained or trainee English teachers with at least two years of college education and previous teaching English language experience.
* Or CELTA/TEFL qualified with a minimum of one year TEFL/CELTA experience in a classroom environment preferably with young learners.
* Must be at least 18 years old.
* Cross-cultural experience is desirable - culturally sensitive to Malawian ways, rather than imposed perspectives, standards, and ideals.
* Resilience, self-motivation, a sense of humour and the ability to adapt to a rural African community are key attributes. e. g extreme weather (depending on season), culture and challenges of living in a rural location with few amenities require these attributes.
* Passion and desire to make a difference in the lives of others.
* Experience of working in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders.
Established in 2006, H.E.L.P's mission is to develop the pathway for children living in rural regions of Africa to become integral members and leaders in society through quality education. H.E.L.P. is committed to cultivating the academic potential of each child through a comprehensive range of opportunities in primary school to prepare students for the next level of education and to support those efforts through secondary school scholarships.
We'll work with your schedule.
P.O. Box 150Ulongwe, Balaka BalakaMalawi
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- General Education
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20
- 3+ months