Primary School & TEFL Teachers wanted in rural Malawi
2 people are interested
H.E.L.P. Malawi is currently searching for Primary School and TEFL teachers to join our international volunteer program at Nanthomba Primary School. Placements from September-December 2018, January-March 2019, and April-July 2019.
- Tutor small groups of learners in English (ESL) throughout the school day at Nanthomba Primary School!
- Partner with a government teacher to ensure students are receiving the best education possible in the classroom.
- Co-teach the after-school English Activity Class and other activities offered at the school.
- Live within the local community to experience the life and beauty of Malawi!
- Long-term placements available January-March, April-July, and September-December that coincide with the academic school year terms.
International Volunteer Program offerings:
- Experience of life in a rural community in Africa and life-changing cross-cultural experiences!
- NO FEE for joining us - you just fund your own trip and international travel insurance (required)
- Long and short-term volunteer placements, catered toward your needs and availability
- Opportunities for secondary and special interest programs/projects
- Housing provided (max 4 volunteers) with running water and solar electricity
- Airport pick-up and full orientation included in addition to on-site support
- Successful applicants must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, at least two years of college education, previous teaching or relevant volunteer experience and a great sense of humor and self-motivation!
- A commitment of at least three (3) months is required.
Established in 2006, H.E.L.P's mission is to develop the pathway for children living in rural regions of Africa to become integral members and leaders in society through quality education. H.E.L.P. is committed to cultivating the academic potential of each child through a comprehensive range of opportunities in primary school to prepare students for the next level of education and to support those efforts through secondary school scholarships.
We'll work with your schedule.
P.O. Box 150Ulongwe, Balaka BalakaMalawi
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- General Education
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 3+ months