Support Call Volunteer
33 people are interested
Samaritan is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian agency caring for people suffering from serious, progressive illness and grief.
Support call volunteers make phone calls from our administrative office on Thursday mornings to our patients and families to assess their admission process onto Samaritan's services.
You will follow a script and hand-write the responses. No computer skills required.
Please note: All who have experienced the loss of a significant family member or friend must wait one year from date of loss to begin the volunteer process.
- Minimum Age: 18
- One-year commitment
- Volunteer Orientation and Training
- Medical Clearance:
- Initial and annual Tuberculosis test (paid for by Samaritan)
- Titers to check immunity for chicken pox, measles, and German measles (being immune not required to volunteer) (paid for by Samaritan)
- Annual flu vaccine
- Initial health screen
- Ongoing: Annual Education
We ask that all volunteers bring the following qualities to their work at Samaritan: good communication and listening skills, a non-judgmental attitude, reliability, flexibility, and compassion.
Thank you for considering spending your valuable time with Samaritan and we look forward to hearing from you!
We'll work with your schedule.
5 Eves DriveSuite 300Marlton, NJ 08053
- Hospice Care
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week, approx. 2-3 hours
- Excellent phone skills, attention to detail