StandUp For Kids is committed to the help and rescue of homeless and street kids. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives. We have been on the streets since January 1990 and continue to grow our organization to help America's homeless youth.
The Director of Fund Development works in cooperation with other members of the leadership team to determine the financial needs of the organization. This director leads the effort to identify appropriate sources of funding and executes strategies to secure needed funding.
- Developing and maintaining a program budget
- Help lead the creation of a Fundraising Plan
- Execute the Fundraising Plan
- Grant writing
- Planning and coordinating fundraising events
- Maintaining a fundraising database
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- <ul><li>Enthusiastic team player able to work effectively with both the leadership team and volunteers;</li><li>Strong leadership ability;</li><li>Consistent delegation of appropriate roles and responsibilities to directors;</li><li>Ability to plan and manage work with minimum direction;</li><li>Superior verbal and written communication skills;</li><li>Excellent organizational and planning skills;</li><li>Strong sense of personal integrity;</li><li>Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids;</li><li>Time commitment of at least 3-5 hours per week to dedicate to leadership duties;</li><li>At least a six-month commitment to the organization</li></ul>