StandUp For Kids is committed to the help and rescue of homeless and street kids. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives. We have been on the streets since January 1990 and continue to grow our organization to help America's homeless youth.
Coordinates all activities related to the program’s volunteers including recruitment, training, recognition, and retention.
- Ensures all volunteers are acceptable for the program.
- Maintains the personnel files on all volunteers.
- Manages the local program’s email account.
- Provides volunteers with proper recognition and appreciation.
- Arranges ongoing training sessions for volunteers.
- Prepares performance evaluations for all volunteers.
- Assigns volunteers to positions commensurate with their abilities and desires.
- Conducts and documents new volunteer interviews
- Ensures volunteers comply fully with the policies and guidelines of STANDUP FOR KIDS.
- Working with the Forum Moderator, ensures that all volunteers get signed on or off the Forum as appropriate. Ensures that everyone on the local Forum, has a background investigation completed by the national office.
- Collects all required documents from new volunteers:
- Collects signed letters from three character references.
- Ensures that background checks are sent and approved by the National Office, and the approval is posted on the Forum.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- <ul><li> Enthusiastic team player able to work effectively with both the leadership team and volunteers; </li><li>Strong leadership ability; </li><li>Consistent delegation of appropriate roles and responsibilities to directors; </li><li> Ability to plan and manage work with minimum direction; </li><li>Superior verbal and written communication skills;</li><li>Excellent organizational and planning skills;</li><li>Strong sense of personal integrity;</li><li>Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids;</li><li>Time commitment of at least 3-5 hours per week to dedicate to leadership duties;</li><li>At least a six-month commitment to the organization</li></ul>