StandUp For Kids is committed to the help and rescue of homeless and street kids. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives. We have been on the streets since January 1990 and continue to grow our organization to help America's homeless youth.
The Director of Outreach manages the local program’s outreach efforts. While this generally consists of street outreach, it’s up to the individual local program to determine the appropriate type of outreach to conduct based upon their unique environment, resources, and needs. For example, some programs work entirely within the alternative school system and others host an outreach center - yet do not perform street outreach.
- Determines, with outreach supervisors, the location and hours when outreach will be conducted;
- Oversees all outreach activities and ensures that all outreach counselors are qualified to work with homeless and street kids;
- Ensures that all outreach activities are conducted within the mission of STANDUP FOR KIDS;
- Ensures that outreach reports are completed for each and every outreach activity. An outreach activity occurs whenever contact is made with one of our kids;
- Compiles outreach statistics and submits on a monthly basis;
- Maintains a positive street image with our kids, volunteers, and local businesses.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- <ul><li> Enthusiastic team player able to work effectively with both the leadership team and volunteers; </li><li>Strong leadership ability; </li><li>Consistent delegation of appropriate roles and responsibilities to directors; </li><li> Ability to plan and manage work with minimum direction; </li><li>Superior verbal and written communication skills;</li><li>Excellent organizational and planning skills;</li><li>Strong sense of personal integrity;</li><li>Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids;</li><li>Time commitment of at least 3-5 hours per week to dedicate to leadership duties;</li><li>At least a six-month commitment to the organization</li></ul>
- Event Planning
- 041 Outreach Sponsor- Meal...
- Street Outreach Counselor
- Director of Community Resource...
- Program Support
- Director of Outreach (&...
- Leadership Team
- Co- Executive Director
- Hats Off For Kids
- 041 Fund Development Staff
- Director of Kid Development (&...
- Director of Program Support (&...
- Director of Adult Training (&...
- 041 Leadership...
- Outreach Volunteer
- Director of Volunteers (&...
- Grant Researcher/Writer
- 041 Help Us Build A Youth...