StandUp For Kids is committed to the help and rescue of homeless and street kids. We do this, every day, in cities across America. We carry out our mission through our volunteers who go to the streets in order to find, stabilize and otherwise help homeless and street kids improve their lives. We have been on the streets since January 1990 and continue to grow our organization to help America's homeless youth.
The Executive Director supervises all affairs and activities of the local program in accordance with the mission of STANDUP FOR KIDS as set forth by the Chief Executive Officer. The Executive Director may be appointed by the Chief Executive Officer, regional Director of Operations, or elected from within the program’s volunteers and approved by the Chief Executive Officer or Director of Operations.
- Assists with local fund development activities;
- Implements the local STANDUP FOR KIDS program;
- Ensures that the local program operates in accordance with the bylaws, articles of incorporation, and mission of the STANDUP FOR KIDS;
- Submits the coming year’s local program annual budget to the National Office no later than 31 October of the current year;
- Submits the program goals, for the following year, not later than 31 October of the current year;
- Ensures all reports are submitted
- Identifies the times and places for meetings of the Leadership Team;
- Prepares agenda for and presides over all meetings of the Leadership Team;
- Implements the kid, volunteer, and sponsor recognition program in accordance with guidelines established by the National Office;
- Supervises all members of the Leadership Team to ensure proper performance of duties.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- <ul><li> Enthusiastic team player able to work effectively with both the leadership team and volunteers; </li><li>Strong leadership ability; </li><li>Consistent delegation of appropriate roles and responsibilities to directors; </li><li> Ability to plan and manage work with minimum direction; </li><li>Superior verbal and written communication skills;</li><li>Excellent organizational and planning skills;</li><li>Strong sense of personal integrity;</li><li>Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids;</li><li>Time commitment of at least 3-5 hours per week to dedicate to leadership duties;</li><li>At least a six-month commitment to the organization</li></ul>
- Street Outreach Counselor
- Graphic Design
- Leadership Team
- Program Support
- Director of Kid Development (&...
- Public Relations
- Director of Outreach (&...
- 060 Help Us Build A Youth...
- Director of Program Support (&...
- 060 Fund Development Staff
- Event Planning
- Director of Community Resource...
- Grant Researcher/Writer
- Turn Purple Volunteer
- Hats Off For Kids
- 032 Turn Purple Volunteer
- Director of Volunteers (&...
- 060 Leadership...