"If I knew then what I know now!" This is a common saying among adults. You cannot go back and change your past, but you can do something now so that teens won't make the same mistakes. Will you join us as we work to prepare girls for college, careers and a life of bold success? Use your skills and expertise help the next generation. We invite you to come and stretch... As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to stretch all your intellectual and emotional muscles for a good cause. Join us!
Specific Board member responsibilities include:
Leadership, Governance and Oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she develops and implements DDP’s strategic plan
- Approving DDP’s annual budget, audit reports, and materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing DDP to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring DDP’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities DDP serves
- Resource Development / Management
- Community Outreach
- Strategic Planning
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hours per month
- Grant Writer Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Strategic Planning Member for...
- Teen Leadership Annual Event...
- Mentor Coordinator Assistant
- Communications Volunteer for...
- Social Media Assistant and Blogger
- Parent Liaison
- Love Working with Kids? Site...
- Teaching Assistant (Middle School)
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Join Our Team - Donor Relations...
- Workshop Coordinator Assistants
- Part-time Clerical Assistant...
- Help Teens Give Back! Community...
- Join Our Team - Board Secretary
- Mentors for Teen Girls...
- Volunteer Coordinator...
- Fund Development Volunteer for...
- Special Event Volunteers Wanted