"If I knew then what I know now!" This is a common saying among adults. You cannot go back and change your past, but you can do something now so that teens won't make the same mistakes. Will you join us as we work to prepare girls for college, careers and a life of bold success?
Destiny’s Daughters of Promise (DDP)- a leadership program in the Metro Atlanta area is currently seeking new board members with expertise in the following areas: Leadership, Public Relations/Communication, Business Planning, Grant Writing and Fundraising/Corporate Sponsorship. We are looking for those who have a passion for our cause to help young women excel in leadership development and basic life skills.
The board will support the work of DDP’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board member responsibilities include:
Leadership, Governance and Oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she develops and implements DDP’s strategic plan
- Approving DDP’s annual budget, audit reports, and materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing DDP to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring DDP’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities DDP serves
DDP Board Members will consider DDP a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that DDP can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, DDP expects to have 100% of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
Board Terms and Participation
DDP’s Board Members must continue to meet the attendance, monetary, and participation requirements. The time commitment for individual board duties is estimated at 6 - 10 hours per month. Monthly meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Strategic Planning
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hours per month
- Fund Development Director
- Parent Liaison
- Workshop Coordinator Assistant...
- Social Media Coordinator
- Marketing Coordinator Assistant...
- Special Events Manager
- Bring a smile to a child -...
- Workshop Assistant - Girls...
- Mentors Wanted
- Part-time Clerical Assistant...
- Teach Kids How to Give Back!...
- Part-time Admin Assistant
- Program Evaluation Team...
- Love Numbers? Board Treasurer...
- Mentor Coordinator
- Girls Leadership Program -...
- Marketing Coordinator for...
- Development Coordinator Wanted...
- Special Event Volunteers - Ongoing
- Love Managing Projects? Project...