Reassurance Calls Volunteer
50 people are interested
The Reassurance Calls Volunteer provides a supportive atmosphere to frail older adults and persons with disabilities who have been referred to the Caring Connectionsprogram and are currently on a waiting list to receive a visitor. By making periodic telephone calls and providing caring conversations, the Reassurance Calls Volunteer helps with the social interaction and regular communication of the isolated adults.
- Make telephone calls to designated clients.
- Document a summary of the telephone conversations for the program records.
- Attend in-service trainings.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to develop a sense of trust, rapport, and sensitivity toward older adults and persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrate active communication skills, both listening and speaking.
- Complete volunteer training, confidentiality agreement, and necessary forms prior to starting volunteer activities.
- Be fingerprinted through the Department of Justice (free of charge)
14 More opportunities with Council on Aging Southern California - Preventative Mental Health Department
About Council on Aging Southern California - Preventative Mental Health Department
2 Executive Circle, Suite 175, Irvine, CA 92614, US
The Council on Aging-Orange County is a private, nonprofit corporation, serving older adults in Orange County since 1973. The Council mission is to promote adult empowerment, prevent abuse, and advocate for the rights and dignity of those experiencing health and aging challenges. Council on Aging-Orange County's client services are free, regardless of income.
The Caring Connections Friendly Visitor Program recruits and trains volunteers to participate in a countywide program that benefits older adults and persons with disabilities. The goal of this program is to address the loneliness and isolation often experienced by individuals who have no family members or support system to assist them in securing access to necessary health care and other services.
We'll work with your schedule.
2 Executive Circle, Suite 175Irvine, CA 92614
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 60 Hours of volunteer commitment