Reassurance Calls Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2 Executive Circle, Suite 175Irvine, CA 92614
The Reassurance Calls Volunteer provides a supportive atmosphere to frail older adults and persons with disabilities who have been referred to the Caring Connectionsprogram and are currently on a waiting list to receive a visitor. By making periodic telephone calls and providing caring conversations, the Reassurance Calls Volunteer helps with the social interaction and regular communication of the isolated adults.
- Make telephone calls to designated clients.
- Document a summary of the telephone conversations for the program records.
- Attend in-service trainings.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to develop a sense of trust, rapport, and sensitivity toward older adults and persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrate active communication skills, both listening and speaking.
- Complete volunteer training, confidentiality agreement, and necessary forms prior to starting volunteer activities.
- Be fingerprinted through the Department of Justice (free of charge)
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 60 Hours of volunteer commitment
More opportunities with Council on Aging Southern California - Preventative Mental Health Department
- Mandarin Speaking Volunteer
- Vietnamese Speaking Outreach...
- Watercolor Painting Instructor
- Volunteer ages 60+ for Veteran...
- Friendly Visitor Opportunity
- Volunteer ages 60+ for LGBTIQ...
- Caring Connections Friendly...
- Program Intern
- Korean Speaking Outreach...
- Balance and Mobility Instructor...
- Reassurance Calls Volunteer
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers
- Volunteers ages 60+ for Activity...
- Reassurance Calls Specialist
- Telephone Companion Volunteer