Thomas Jefferson Health District Medical Reserve Corps
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
What do TJMRC Volunteers do?
Prior to emergencies, TJMRC volunteers train and participate in emergency preparedness activities. During emergencies, TJMRC volunteers are activated by health department staff to assist in public health emergency response.
What roles do TJMRC Volunteers serve?
There are roles for both medical and non-medical volunteers. Examples of duties include assisting in emergency shelters, mass dispensing of medicine and vaccines, triage and treatment of patients during a pandemic, and investigation of infectious disease outbreaks. TJMRC volunteers also supplement existing local public health initiatives such as health education, immunization programs, food safety, community health, and environmental health programs.
Why should I volunteer with TJMRC?
TJMRC volunteers are leaders in the community who champion public health and disaster preparedness, helping their neighbors prepare for the unexpected. TJMRC provides free training in a variety of public health preparedness topics, such as CPR and First Aid, Stop the Bleed, mental health preparedness, building an emergency kit, developing a family emergency plan, and many more. They bring neighbors together in common purpose to cultivate resilience and community support in the face of disasters. Join our efforts and lead your community,!
We'll work with your schedule.
1138 Rose Hill DriveCharlottesville, VA 22903
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Mental Health
- Faith-based Leadership
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- TJMRC requires that all volunteers participate in alert response drills, attend training and outreach events when available, and maintain accurate contact information.
- We are looking for volunteers who want to build healthy, inclusive, and prepared communities. Submit an application via https://vvhs.vamrc.org/ and complete the online orientation. Basic background check required.