We're looking for local adult volunteers who can be a foster caregiver for abandoned or abused cats, kittens, or dogs that were rescued by Happy Tails (these are NOT animals that YOU have personally rescued). We can supply the food, litter, and basic medical needs to prepare them for adoption. You supply the room, socialization and lots of love until there forever home is found. You will also transport them to our participating veterinarians as needed, and bring them to adoption events in the Greater Sacramento area.
If you have other animals in your home, you should have a separate room or isolation arrangements you can use for your foster animal(s) - at least until they have acclimated to your other pets and had vet exam and vaccines. If fosters cats or kittens, your own cats or kittens as well as fosters must be indoors only. In order to ensure proper socialization and protection, foster dogs must be kept primarily indoors and have a secure, fenced area when outside. Length of foster placement varies depending on animal. Yes, you will get attached but fostering is the best way to help ensure more homeless animals find a forever home!
If you are interested, please go to our website www.happytails.org. Once at our site, click Volunteer and then Getting Started to sign up for a New Volunteer Orientation meeting where you can learn more about our organization and how to get started helping animals. Thank you!
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Adequate time at home to socialize animal
- Positive atttidue and friendly demeanor, safe home with room to foster animal
- Fundraising/Special Events
- Animal Adoption Follow-Up Caller
- Have a heart for feral cats?...
- Help Homeless Cats. Join our...
- Great on the phone? Become a...
- Feline Feeders
- Treasurer / Board Officer
- Orientation Presenter, Adult...
- Help cats find a home. Become an...
- Help homeless animals - become a...