Forest Animal Rescue (formerly known as Peace River Refuge & Ranch), an accredited nonprofit wild animal sanctuary, has been damaged by Hurricane Irma!
Thankfully the animals and people are all safe. The safety areas where the animals sheltered held strong.
Unfortunately, our heavily wooded 80-acre sanctuary has massive amounts of tree damage and much of our 8' perimeter fence was damaged by the storm. The houses that we have our interns in also have roof damage.
WE NEED THE FOLLOWING HELP:
- A professional tree company to trim dangerous trees and hanging limbs that we cannot safely take down ourselves
- Volunteers to clear brush and help us to pile it so we can collect it with our trucks
- Volunteers that have chainsaws to help cut up logs too large to handle
- Volunteers to assist with the repair of our 8' tall perimeter fence
- A licensed roofing contractor (legally capable of pulling permits) to help with rood repair/replacement on two small intern houses
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hour shifts - by advance scheduling onlhy
- Fill out application at https://www.forestanimalrescue.org/volunteer/local-volunteers/