Volunteers in the Food Pantry disctribute food to families in need through the TrueNorth Food Program. These volunteers also collect food in the pantry from those who donate it. Volunteers are trained on the job and usually work with 2-3 other volunteers.
- Respectfully assist those who are visiting the food pantry to donate items or receive food services.
- Work cooperatively alongside other volunteers.
- Organize and keep the pantry neat and orderly to promote the best possible food presentation.
- Maintain and stock the immediate needs in the pantry.
- Move food from warehouse, receiving, coolers, and freezers into the pantry.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Volunteers are usually over 18. If under 18, the volunteer must show that they are mature and responsible enough to handle this position.
- Friendly and respectful hosting skills
- A passion to help those in need
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task
- Self motivated and efficient in a sometimes fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate respect and discretion regarding those in need of services and others you may come in contact with
- Light to medium lifting
- Able to be on your feet for a 4-hour shift
Time Commitment: Volunteers must commit to a weekly schedule or an agreed upon schedule and be available for a 4-hour morning or afternoon shift.
Please contact Phil Gabel at 231.924.0641 ext. 119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- No-sew fleece blankets for...
- Project FOCUS After School Program
- Meet & Greet - Food Pantry
- Knitting Volunteers
- Home Maintenance Class Instructor
- Gardening Volunteer
- Food Pantry Client Care
- Repackage food for needy families!
- LifeLink Monitor
- Mobile Food Pantry
- Advisory Committee Member
- Adult Literacy or ESL Tutor