RSVP of the Capital Region, Inc.
Explore Your Future Trainer - Gettysburg
An Explore Your future volunteer trainer leads a small group of "Boomer" aged participants through a curriculum based program to assist the participants in planning/thinking about the next half of their lives and changes they may or may not choose to make.
Who We Are Looking For
- A boomer aged volunteer with professionalism
- An individual with demonstrated effective organizational and communication skills
- Someone with training teaching, group work experience
- Someone with the ability and desire to follow a curriculum
- Someone who is available for two full days of training and subsequent sporadic evenings on a pre-arranged schedule of four weekly, two hour sessions
- Someone who is interested in staying active!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must attend initial training sessions, September 20 & 27, from 1 to 5 PM. Sessions will be held in a Gettysburg location, TBA.
- Must agree to do two trainings per year, a class time commitment of 16 hours plus additional drive time and follow up trainings/discussions held twice a year.
- Work cooperatively with other trainers in setting the schedule for training and providing additional train the trainer events.
- Manage the administrative aspects of obtaining workbooks, resetting a training room, providing a snack/drink (covered by funding from RSVP), taking attendance, reporting back to RSVP at the end of each set of training sessions.
- Lead a small group of 10 - 15 through a workbook based curriculum over a period of four weekly sessions, usually held in the early evening, in locations throughout central PA.
- Provide feedback to Explore Your Future Committee about what is and what is not working with the sessions.
- Be committed to providing a quality class, one you would enjoy yourself.
- Turn in hours of volunteer time and travel reports to RSVP at least quarterly by the 10 th of the month following the end of the quarter.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Telephone Assurance Program
- Volunteers needed to drive...
- Office Assistant
- Volunteer to help disabled...
- Volunteer Photographer Needed...
- Tutor/Mentors for After-School...
- Reading Tutors
- Volunteers needed to help abused...
- Community Center Receptionist
- Volunteer Executive
- Gettysburg - Adult...
- Office Assistant - Advanced
- Family Day Center Volunteer
- Need volunteers to assist...
- Activity Aide
- Community Helpline Volunteer for...
- GED / ESL Adult Tutors
- Stop health care fraud in...
- Disaster relief volunteers...