Are you interested in assisting others in their job search to gain employment? This is your opportunity to make a difference!
Volunteer with us in the Employment Services Computer Lab located at the City of Newport News Department of Human Services.
Manage the employment services computer lab.
- Greet and welcome guests
- Assist clients with job search strategies
- Provide limited resume and application assistance
We are seeking volunteers to commit to 1-5 days of service based on the schedule below:
- Mondays at 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesdays at morning or afternoon shift (typically 8/9:00 AM - 12/1:00 PM or 12/1:00 PM - 4/5:00 PM)
- Wednesdays at morning or afternoon shift (typically 8/9:00 AM - 12/1:00 PM or 12/1:00 PM - 4/5:00 PM)
- Thursdays at 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Fridays at 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator at email@example.com for more details.
- Customer Service
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible; 1-5 days per week; 3+ hours per week
- Volunteer must be comfortable with computer use. Mon.-Fri. only