Adoption Network Cleveland is looking for reliable adult volunteers to be Activity/Program Assistants to help facilitate activities with children while their adult caregivers are attending our support groups.
By offering no-cost childcare and activities, this position helps ensure that more families are able to receive our services.
- Gathering activity supplies at beginning of service, i.e. craft supplies, toys, games and arranging childcare space.
- Engaging children in these activities throughout program
- Notifying staff or guardians of any issues that come up during service.
- Assisting children with dinner/snacks as provided
- Cleaning-up childcare space at end of program
Groups are held monthly on Thursday evenings, 6:00-8:15 pm.
The process to become a volunteer with Adoption Network Cleveland includes completing an application and meeting with the volunteer coordinator. The volunteer will undergo a background check, and as well as special training about the children we serve and the special needs they may have. This will help in how best we can serve them. The children you would be working with are in kinship and adoptive families.
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Child Care
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Second Thursday evening of every month
- Background check required, paid for by organization