Adoption Network Cleveland is looking for reliable adult volunteers to be Activity/Program Assistants to help facilitate activities with children while their adult caregivers are attending our support groups.
By offering no-cost childcare and activities, this position helps ensure that more families are able to receive our services.
- Gathering activity supplies at beginning of service, i.e. craft supplies, toys, games and arranging childcare space.
- Engaging children in these activities throughout program
- Notifying staff or guardians of any issues that come up during service.
- Assisting children with dinner/snacks as provided
- Cleaning-up childcare space at end of program
Groups are held monthly on Thursday evenings, 6:00-8:15 pm.
The process to become an Activity/Program Assistant is the same as other volunteer positions and includes completing an application and meeting with the volunteer coordinator. The volunteer will also arrange to be fingerprinted at their convenience, to be paid for by Adoption Network Cleveland.
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Must be fingerprinted (paid for by organization), must fill out confidentiality paperwork