When you share your love, time and experience, you have the power to help a child who needs you!
Foster Grandparent volunteers provide support to children with special or exceptional needs in the Treasure Valley. They create meaningful relationships with children by providing tutoring, encouragement and companionship on a one-on-one basis in schools, Head Starts, and juvenile correction facilities.
Children who interact with Foster Grandparent volunteers:
-Develop healthy behaviors and attitudes
-Improve their academic skills (literacy, writing, math, etc.)
To be a Foster Grandparent Volunteer, you must:
- Be a resident of Ada, Canyon, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Washington or surrounding counties
- Age 55 or older,
- With a limited annual income that falls within established guidelines Willing and able to volunteer with children at least 15 hours a week
- In good health, able to meet the demands of the service
- Reflect a positive attitude and ability to collaborate with a diverse range of people
Volunteers who meet the income eligibility requirements receive small stipend ($2.65 per hour volunteering), as well as mileage assistance, supplemental accident insurance, paid sick, vacation and holidays, and ongoing training opportunities.
Join our wonderful team of volunteers!
For more information, visit our website or call our office at (208) 336-5533 x275.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 15-40 hours per week
- Live on limited income