Spiritual Support Hospice Volunteer
Purpose: To meet spiritual needs of residents and clients through prayer, meditation, group discussion and song.
- Pray with residents
- Read aloud the Bible, Koran, Torah, etc
- Lead a Bible study group
- May counsel clients & families about relation to issues of grief, loss, and the dying process
- Offer comfort and spiritual support to interested residents
- Listen to prayer concerns
- Lead a worship service
- Sing hymns
- Maintain the privacy of residents and do not disclose confidential information
- Possess some understanding of physical, emotional and social needs of older adults
- Have some knowledge of possible cognitive limitations of patients.
- Possess a desire to meet residents where they are on their spiritual journey and help them to grow
- Be willing to coordinate with Hospice chaplain and other spiritual care professionals
- Minimum of one spiritual care visit per month for at least six months
Volunteers are an integral part of our team and the service they provide helps us to continue to fulfill our mission. Thank you for answering the call to serve.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 1 visit per month for at least 6 months
- Health and Safety Screenings, including TB test and Flu Shot
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- Phone-A-Friend Volunteer
- Birthday Brigade
- Friendly Pet Visitor
- "On My Own" Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Volunteer Hair Stylist
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Administrative Support
- Spiritual Support Hospice...
- Musical Moments Hospice Volunteer
- Comfort Companion Hospice...
- Biography / Family History...
- Support Group facilitator
- Craft Leader
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer
- Special Events Assistant