Refugee Cultural Mentor/ESL Tutor
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
150 people are interested
Get to know the refugees in your own community and empower them to get acquainted with their new life in the United States.
You can help support a refugee by:
- Practicing english through conversation or lessons
- Helping to learn to navitage the public transportation system
- Sharing hobbies, like playing an instrument
- Visiting a museum, library or local sporting event
- Exchanging recipes or sharing other cultural traditions
- Simply being a friend!
We're looking for a minimum a one hour a week, 3 month commitment.
Contact us to get involved! Get some cross-cultural experience in your own back yard!
We'll work with your schedule.
Samaritas: New American Services207 E Fulton St. Fourth FloorGrand Rapids, MI 49503
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour a week for three months