Get to know the refugees in your own community and empower them to get acquainted with their new life in the United States.
You can help support a refugee by:
- Practicing english through conversation or lessons
- Helping to learn to navitage the public transportation system
- Sharing hobbies, like playing an instrument
- Visiting a museum, library or local sporting event
- Exchanging recipes or sharing other cultural traditions
- Simply being a friend!
We're looking for a minimum a one hour a week, 3 month commitment.
Contact us to get involved! Get some cross-cultural experience in your own back yard!
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour a week for three months