Board Member Needed for Organization to Aid the Blind
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThe Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundatio40-10 12th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
Board Member - The AIFB Foundation is seeking DEDICATED board members to improve the quality of life for blind individuals in Afghanistan. As a board member, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the medical, educational welfare, rehabilitation, and community services to help over 400,000 blind indivduals in Afghanistan.
- Must be able to commit 6 months to 1 year
- Must cast the majority of board of director's vote in order to become a member
- Be able to answer any questions that arise from the board members
- Must be able to support the foundation in the amount of 300$ annually or encourage people to support the treasury of the organization
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Must be able to make decisions that benefit the welfare of the organization
- Be able to conduct and participate in fundraising events
Individuals who are willing to become Board of Directors need to submit the following documentation:
- Current resume, their email address, mailing address and phone number
- One page of professional biography in an essay format that will include their educational background, current position, their past work experience and their volunteer work in other organizations.
- 3 reference letters from individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
- We ask for a 6 month commitment as a minimum. Their responsibility as a board member will be to help us extend our contact network, recruiting or improving board of director functions, fundraise, and make accurate decisions that benefits the mission and vision of the organizations.
- The primary work of the Board of Director is to make decision on behalf of the foundation and work as a team to make sure that decisions made by the board are executed legally
- They will be required to participate in Board meetings every 3 months, if an individual misses 3 board meetings without giving prior notice they will be removed from the board.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 6 month minimum
- Web Designer
- Education Services Volunteer
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- General Management Volunteer
- Board Member Needed for...
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Fundraising/Events Planner
- Student Intern Department
- Grant Writing Volunteer
- Finance Department Volunteer
- Human Services Volunteer
- Blindness Technology Volunteer
- Computer Technology Volunteer