Board Member Needed for Organization to Aid the Blind
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThe Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundatio40-10 12th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009, AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. The mission of The Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
The AIFB Foundation is seeking DEDICATED board members to improve the quality of life for blind individuals in Afghanistan. As a board member, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the medical, educational welfare, rehabilitation, and community services to help over 400,000 blind indivduals in Afghanistan.
Qualification and responsability:
The primary work of the Board of Director is to make decision on behalf of the foundation and work as a team to make sure that decisions made by the board are executed legallyThey will be required to participate in Board meetings every 3 months, if an individual misses 3 board meetings without giving prior notice they will be removed from the board.
- Must be able to commit 6 months to 1 year
- Must cast the majority of board of director's vote in order to become a member
- Be able to answer any questions that arise from the board members
- Must be able to support the foundation in the amount of 300$ annually or encourage people to support the treasury of the organization
- Their responsibility as a board member will be to help us extend our contact network, recruiting or improving board of director functions, fundraise, and make accurate decisions that benefits the mission and vision of the organizations.
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Must be able to make decisions that benefit the welfare of the organization
- Be able to conduct and participate in fundraising events
Individuals who are willing to become Board of Directors need to submit the following documentation:
- Current resume
- Email address, mailing address and phone number
- One page of professional biography in an essay format that will include their educational background, current position, their past work experience and their volunteer work in other organizations.
- 3 reference letters from individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
Face to face interviews required.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 6 month minimum
- Web Designer
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Education Services Volunteer
- Fundraising/Events Planner
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- Student Intern Department
- General Management Volunteer
- Grant Writing Volunteer
- Board Member Needed for...
- Finance Department Volunteer
- Human Services Volunteer
- Blindness Technology Volunteer