Make every moment count, become a Kindred Hospice Volunteer.
188 people are interested
Make an amazing difference in the lives of others! Now is the time to get involved and become a hospice volunteer. Patient Care volunteers visit terminally ill patients and provide companionship and emotional support. Listen to their stories, watch TV, read to them, play music or play cards, many activities to do with our patients. They need compassionate, dependable and reliable people to share their time and talents.
We also greatly need administrative volunteers to help in the office. The office is open Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm and Occasional Saturdays. We need good people to assist staff in the office.
Training for Patient Care and Administrative volunteers provided.
Volunteers are an integral part of our philosophy. Hospice volunteers are there to hold a hand and listen, read or write a letter, run errands or even help out in the office. Volunteers are there to step in when a family member needs a break, and they are there for the family and friends after their loved one has passed away. No matter what you skills, talents or motivation, we have the opportunity for you to help.
Volunteers receive training appropriate to each volunteer position, Orientation and training are scheduled to fit you busy schedule. The different volunteer positions that are available at Kindred Hospice are as follows.
- Administrative Volunteers: Provide organizational/clerical support such as filing, mailing, answering phones
- Patient Visitor Volunteers: Provide friendly visits to hospice patients in their homes or healthcare facilities,
- Pet Therapy Volunteers: Provide caring visits to patients with their registered therapy dogs.
- Bereavement Volunteers: Provide support to families through phone calls, mailings and visits.
- Specialty Volunteers: Provide specific support including vigil, arts and crafts, spiritual support and handyman help.
Some of the above tasks can be done in the privacy of your own home.
We'll work with your schedule.
7500 Viscount Blvd. Suite C-83El Paso, TX 79925
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training