Be a Mentor - Help Build a Future !
Do you have someone you looked up to, who guided you, & taught you that you mattered when you were young?
Would you like to be that to someone?
You can make a difference in a young person's life.
WHY WAS REACH & RISE CREATED?
- This free program was established to serve the needs of young people not being met by existing youth services.
- To offer over-stressed families a resource to help meet their children's needs.
- To provide youth with positive, growth-inducing relationships with adults through the mentoring process.
- To make a difference in a child's life.
- Seving youth in the following zip codes 85040, 85203, 85225, 85003, 85033 and 85306
WHAT TYPE OF YOUTH DOES THE PROGRAM SERVE?
- Children and youth,, ages 6 -18, and their families
- Young people experiencing problems such as: low self-esteem, poor academic progress, peer difficulties, family conflict and/or poor decision-making.
- Youth from a wide range of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Youth encompassing a variety of family backgrounds: intact families, single-parent families, blended families, foster home and/or grandparent and other relative-headed families.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week or every other week
- Desire to help a child between ages 6 - 18