Bring your sales skills, people skills, computer skills, social networking skills, repair & design skills - whatever you're good at! EVERYONE who wants to can contribute to supporting Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles - Philadelphia, an economic development project of the African People's Education and Defense Fund (APEDF.org).
Available Volunteer Opportunities:
* Join our Operations Team - help move furniture and get a great workout for social justice!
* Join our Outreach Team - help get the word out by putting up posters, handing out flyers, and distributing doorhangers all around town!
* Join our Marketing Team - help with online and social media promotions to bring attention to Uhuru Furniture!
* Join our Sales Team - help customers find what they're looking for at community-friendly prices!
When you volunteer at Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles, you make a difference! 100% of our profits benefit the African People's Education and Defense Fund (APEDF.org). Uhuru Furniture also sets the standard for a Green Business - 100% of our merchandise is recycled! We are a Green America certified Green Business Ally.
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles - Philadelphia is located at 832 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19130. We hold volunteer orientations every Thursday night from 5-6pm on the second floor of our store. You can come into the store to sign up for the volunteer orientation, or you can call us at 215-546-9616 (x3). You can also check out our blog uhurufurniturephilly.blogspot.com for new items and volunteer projects. We're open 6 days a week from 11am-6pm, every day except Monday!
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles is an economic development project of the African People's Education and Defense Fund (APEDF.org), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. APEDF is lead by and works in the interest of the African working class, to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare and economic development faced by the community. APEDF welcomes the contributions of everyone who supports these goals.
Through the sale of donated, quality furniture and collectibles, Uhuru Furniture raises much-needed resources to support the programs and institutions of APEDF. As part of the national and international Uhuru Movement, APEDF organizes African people to attempt to solve the everyday problems imposed on the African community. APEDF has established a health care center, community gym, healthy grocery store, tutoring programs, youth athletic teams, community kitchens, African marketplaces, and organizing centers as part of the grassroots effort to change the conditions in the African community.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Sewing for Social Justice!
- Volunteer Your HTML/CSS Skills...
- Unemployed/Retired? Meaningful...
- Marketing For Social Justice
- Postering! Exercise, Sun and...
- Sales and Customer Service...
- Practice Your Photoshop Skills...
- Group Service Project
- Need Community Service Hours?...
- Internship: Marketing Assistant
- Internship: Outreach Coordinator
- Furniture Painting for Social...