TUTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Who is an Adult Volunteer Literacy Tutor?
Make a difference in someone's life. This rewarding volunteer position will help an adult to achieve their goals. We provide training to get you off to a good start. We will match you with a learner and provide all the materials you need to be successful. You may be helping your student with reading, writing, or GED preparation. You may also be helping someone find a new job or start a new career. Send us an email about your interest, and we'll get you started on this fun and rewarding opportunity.
What are the benefits of volunteering as a literacy tutor?
- Opportunity to learn from a peer
- Making a difference in someone's life
- Gaining professional experience and continuing education opportunities
- Meeting friendly, action-minded people; belonging to a group of dedicated volunteers
- Personal growth
- Cultural exchange
- Satisfaction gained by helping others
- Work experience and a reference for your resume
Is the role of literacy tutor right for you?
Most of the time, the role of literacy tutor is closer to a coach than a teacher. If you are prepared to help an adult overcome obstacles and succeed in reaching their goals, then becoming an adult literacy tutor is the perfect volunteer position for you. Contact us today to get started!
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Basic Computer Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours/week for at least 6 months
- 4 hour tutor training