Ship Restoration on the Midway
DONATE TO THIS
63 people are interested
Restoration volunteers are critical members that contribute unique skills and dedication to revitalize, restore and repair various areas of USS MIDWAY in support of the primary mission of PRESERVATION. This ranges from transforming ship spaces/compartments from a decommissioned/quiet status to fully restored or transformed to meet the needs of the growing ship museum. The volunteers provide seasoned leadership and technical skills that supports the tasks that can range for high in the island mast to low engineering spaces, bow to stern.Requirements:
- General mechanical, electrical, and technical experience
- Possess a good basic knowledge of using power tools, grinders, drills, and the like.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a seasoned team
- Exercises safe work practices
We'll work with your schedule.
910 North Harbor DriveSan Diego, CA 92101
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Tues, Wed and/or Sat mornings; 20 hrs/month
- Ability to climb ship’s ladders, flights of stairs, work in tight spaces