Be a friend by reading to someone or listening to life stories. Visit while the caregiver attends a doctor appointment or goes to the grocery. Help us plan a special event or help in our office.
For more than 35 years Hosparus, a fully accredited non-profit hospice organization has provided care, comfort and counseling for people facing life-limiting illnesses in Southern Indiana. If you live in the Kentuckiana area, volunteer opportunities are available for you in several Southern Indiana counties.
- Help a caregiver take a much needed break by sitting with a patient for a couple of hours
- Sit with a dying patient who may otherwise die alone
- Support grieving families through the Grief Counseling Center
- Serve on a committee for a fundraising event
- Reach out to the community as a Hosparus ambassador
- Sew care blankets and caps to provide warmth and comfort to our patients
- Enrich a patient’s time by sharing your musical abilities in a home or facility setting by playing an instrument or a CD player
- Share your professional skills with patients and families (must have a professional license for these services)
- Massage Therapy
- Hair Care
- Work with our administrative staff in the office with various projects: filing, organizing, computer work, mailings, and many others
- Recognize our veteran patients through the We Honor Veterans Program
To get started or for more information, please contact Vonya Gresham, Volunteer Manager, at 812-945-4596 or 1-800-895-5633.
- Massage Therapy
- Administrative Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- annual TB test
- Hair Care Volunteers Needed!
- Read aloud to someone who can't!
- Volunteers Needed in Southwest...
- Hosparus - Southern Indiana...
- Massage/Comfort Touch Volunteers
- 11th Hour Program Volunteers
- Patient & Family Support Volunteer
- Spiritual Care Support Volunteers
- Music Care Volunteers
- Licensed Hair Professionals Wanted
- Volunteers are needed to assist...
- Palliative Care Volunteer in...