108 people are interested
Sustainable Climate Environmental Outreach Intern 92024
108 people are interested
Our methods include education on the science, economics, politics and public awareness surrounding climate change. CCL works by training citizens in the skills needed to affect change. We contact and meet with Congressional leaders, write letters to the editors of national and local newspapers and attend monthly national conference calls. Most importantly we are action oriented. Our goal is to match what scientists tell us we need to do with practical solutions that can be enacted legislatively.
- Assist with scheduling meetings with members of Congress for June appointments.
- Assist with outreach event planning and prospective volunteer follow up. Follow up with calls and emails that explain CCL and steps to be involved and support programs.
- Research national college, business and community organizations to build membership.
- Miscellaneous office duties such as data entry, phone calls and email communications.
- This is an unpaid full semester internship opportunity.
About Citizens' Climate Lobby
1330 Orange Ave #309, Coronado, CA 92118, US
Take Action to Solve the Climate Crisis: Dr. James Hansen, climate scientist: "Most impressive is the work of the Citizens' Climate Lobby, a relatively new, fastgrowing, nonpartisan, nonprofit group with [250+] chapters across the United States and Canada. If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group." Citizens' Climate Lobby is committed to two purposes: (1) to create the political will for a stable and sustainable climate and (2) to empower individuals to have a breakthrough in exercising their personal and political power.
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots advocacy organization focused on national policies to address climate change. In order to generate the political will necessary for passage of Carbon Fee and Dividend legislation (H.R.763) we train and support volunteers to engage elected officials, the media and the public. During the global Covid-19 pandemic, in-person meetings are on pause but there are many ways to train and volunteer virtually. We welcome anyone who is serious about solving climate change as a volunteer. And we work with members of Congress across the political spectrum to find common ground on climate change solutions.
LeucadiaLeucadia Blvd, Encinitas, Ca 92024Encinitas, CA 92024
September 15, 2021
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 10 hours per week
- Please register on our website to join Intro Call.