- Three-six months
- The role of the Resource Verification Volunteer is to update resources housed in an American Cancer Society database by calling organizations to verify information is correct. The volunteer will complete a form detailing corrections, deletions, and/or additions required.
- Attend volunteer training session
- Call the organization for each resource to verify accuracy of information
- Record all additions, changes and/or deletions needed for the resource following standard processes.
- Complete a data collection form when a resource needs to be added to the database.
- Keep a daily record of the number of calls made to organization and the number of resources verified.
- Communications skills
- Organizational skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Ability to manage and maintain information
- Training provided by the American Cancer Society. Ongoing support provided by ACS staff.
Volunteer and Staff Partners:
- ACS staff
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Creatures Great and Small
- Disaster Preparedness
- American Red Cross
- Hospital Volunteers
- American Cancer Society
- RSVP of Paducah-McCracken County
- Friendly Visiting with Seniors
- St. Nicholas Free Family Clinic
- Food Drive Volunteer
- Museum Guide and Gift Shop
- Disaster preparedness
- HEART USA
- Mentoring Youth
- American Cancer Society - REACH...
- American Cancer Society - ROAD...
- Sort Donated Food/Clothing for...
- American Cancer Society -...
- General Office Work
- Assistant to Quilting Education...