- 2 years
- Reach to Recovery Visitors provide one on one support to people facing or living with breast cancer.
- Make contacts with patients when asked by Volunteer Coordinator or ACS staff
- Adhere to the essential elements and guidelines of the program when contacting patients
- Actively participate in local volunteer trainings and meetings
- Submit appropriate documentation on patient visits
- Treated for breast cancer
- Recovered from breast cancer surgery and not presently under adjuvant treatment (with the exception of hormal therapy)
- Emotionally well-adjusted and physically well
- Empathetic, articulate
- Complete volunteer application and training process. Must be approved in advance of training by healthcare provider.
- Ongoing updates and materials provided by program trainers, coordinators and ACS staff
- Continuing education and re-certification training provided at least every 2 years or as program changes occur
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Creatures Great and Small
- Disaster Preparedness
- American Red Cross
- Hospital Volunteers
- American Cancer Society
- RSVP of Paducah-McCracken County
- Friendly Visiting with Seniors
- St. Nicholas Free Family Clinic
- Food Drive Volunteer
- Museum Guide and Gift Shop
- Disaster preparedness
- HEART USA
- Mentoring Youth
- American Cancer Society - REACH...
- American Cancer Society - ROAD...
- Sort Donated Food/Clothing for...
- American Cancer Society -...
- General Office Work
- Assistant to Quilting Education...