- Two years
- Provides transportation for cancer patients to and from scheduled appointments for treatment-related care.
- Attend initial training session and re-certifications every two years
- Fulfill all transportation requests received from the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Pick up patients promptly at the designated time and place.
- Follow safe driving procedures. Display American Cancer Society window sticker or placard and carry wallet ID card at all times when driving patients.
- Be supportive of the patient's concerns but do not offer medical advice, counseling or opinions
- Complete all reporting information as requested by Volunteer Coordinator or ACS staff.
- Report traffic accidents/violations to the Volunteer Coordinator or ACS staff partner.
- Familiar with the community, including roads and location of hospitals
- Have a safe driving record and access to a servicable car with seatbelts and adequate insurance coverage
- Emotionally stable, friendly and compassionate
- Respect the patient's right to confidentiality.
- Training provided by the American Cancer Society. Ongoing support provided by Coordinator and ACS staff.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Creatures Great and Small
- Disaster Preparedness
- American Red Cross
- Hospital Volunteers
- American Cancer Society
- RSVP of Paducah-McCracken County
- Friendly Visiting with Seniors
- St. Nicholas Free Family Clinic
- Food Drive Volunteer
- Museum Guide and Gift Shop
- Disaster preparedness
- HEART USA
- Mentoring Youth
- American Cancer Society - REACH...
- American Cancer Society - ROAD...
- Sort Donated Food/Clothing for...
- American Cancer Society -...
- General Office Work
- Assistant to Quilting Education...