Be a friend by reading to someone or listening to their life stories. Stay with a patient while their caregiver attends a doctor appointment or goes to the grocery. Help us plan a special event or help in our office.
For more than 35 years Hosparus, a fully accredited non-profit hospice organization has provided care, comfort and counseling for people facing life-limiting illnesses in the Kentuckiana area.
- Help a caregiver take a much needed break by sitting with a patient for a couple of hours
- Support families by helping at the Grief Counseling Center
- Serve on a committee for a fundraising event
- Reach out to the community as a Hosparus ambassador
- Sew care blankets to provide warmth and comfort for our patients
- Enrich a patient’s time by sharing your musical abilities playing an instrument or a cd player
- Share your professional skills with patients and families (must have a professional license for these services)
- Massage Therapy
- Hair Care
- Pet Visits
- Work with our administrative staff in the office with various projects: filing, organizing, computer work, entering data, prepare mailings, and many others
- Recognize our veteran patients by making Veterans Recognition visits
Volunteer opportunities are available for you in the Southwest Community which covers Portland, Shively, PRP, Valley Station, Okolona, Fairdale and Bullitt County.
For more information, please contact Charlotte Kostolnik, Volunteer Manager, at (502) 719-4155 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Massage Therapy
- Administrative Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One visit weekly for 1-3 hours
- Annual TB test
- Hair Care Volunteers Needed!
- Read aloud to someone who can't!
- Volunteers Needed in Southwest...
- Hosparus - Southern Indiana...
- Massage/Comfort Touch Volunteers
- 11th Hour Program Volunteers
- Patient & Family Support Volunteer
- Spiritual Care Support Volunteers
- Music Care Volunteers
- Licensed Hair Professionals Wanted
- Volunteers are needed to assist...
- Palliative Care Volunteer in...