Help keep seniors safe in their homes. Volunteer HHW Drivers pick up items such as old light bulbs, batteries, paints, insecticides, household cleaners and E-waste from the seniors homes and take them to proper disposal sites within Santa Clara County. This is a once a month job offered to seniors who cannot drive for themselves. Pick up can occur at anytime and delivery may be Friday, Saturday or Sunday based on the Santa Clara Disposal sites schedule.
Includes a brief training and supplies given No special license is needed. Must be 21 and have valid California Drivers License, current registration and insurance, and Drivers Record report through the California DMV website.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One weekend day a month.
- IN-A-PINCH Computer/IT Assistance
- House Project Provider
- ENewsletter Assistance
- Escorted Transportation
- Shopping and Errands Provider
- Fundraising Assistant
- Yard Worker/Gardener
- IN-A-PINCH Handyman Services
- Heart of the Valley Board Member
- Staff Support Secretary
- Computer and Tech Support
- IN-A-PINCH House Project
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Front Office Volunteer
- IN-A-PINCH Escorted Transportation
- Household Hazardous Waste Driver