Read Santa Clara, the adult literacy program of the Santa Clara City Library needs volunteer literacy tutors. Volunteer tutors work with adult learners to improve their basic reading, writing and math skills. No teaching experience needed! Orientation and 12.5 hours of tutor training provided.
Please contact Read Santa Clara at (408) 615-2956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a volunteer orientation on one of the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 14, 6:30-8:00 pm, Mission Library Family Reading Center, 1098 Lexington St, Santa Clara, CA, 95050.
- Thursday, March 23, 10:30 a.m.- 12 noon. Northside Branch Library (Group Study Room 1) , 695 Moreland Way, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Tuesday, April 25, 6:30- 8:00 pm, Central Park Library (Sycamore Room), 2635 Homestead Road, Santa Clara, CA 95051
At the orientation, you will have the opportunity to sign up for tutor training. Our next round of tutor training will be at the Central Park Library on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 6:30-9:00 pm, on 5/2, 5/4, 5/9, 5/11 and 6/15.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week for a minimum period of six months
- Read and write at a high school level or above. Patience, flexibility and enthusiasm.