Reliable pickup/delivery service needed. We need someone to pick up and/or deliver wheelchairs, powerchairs and mobility scooters for our nonprofit (http://www.GoodwheelChairs.org) on a reliable basis. Our nonprofit is located in south-central Austin.
We usually have one or two pickups per week in the Austin area. If you are only able to pick up wheelchairs occasionally, that's OK, but we do need you to do whatever you commit to.
Generally there will be just one or two chairs per pickup, though sometimes there are more so it's helpful if you have access to a larger van sometimes. You need to be able to load the chairs at the pickup location and unload them when you arrive here so it's helpful if you have a built-in ramp, though we do have a portable ramp you can use. Many of the chairs have been sitting in garages for a long time so the batteries are often dead, and you need to be fit enough to push the chair up the ramp when necessary.
We will call you when we need you to pick up a powerchair, and then you will need to contact the donor and arrange a pickup time that is acceptable to them,. We have found that pickup times can vary widely, so you'll need to have some flexibility in your schedule.
Thank you for your interest!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Gardening/Yard work
- Bookkeeper for small nonprofit...
- Massages Needed!
- Graphic Design / Brochure Layout
- Macintosh Computer Server...
- Shop Manager for...
- Make our Center sparkle! Help...
- Sales/Marketing of Equipment for...
- Computer Systems Admin for...
- Coordinator of Volunteer Magic!
- Solar Energy -- Build Solar...
- Health Fair Marketing for...
- Executive Assistant for Director...
- Conference Planner/Organizer
- Craigslist sales volunteer
- General Repairs and Maintenance
- Wheelchair and Power Chair Courier