Each year, SCORE mentors touch thousands of lives, generously sharing their knowledge and experience so that entrepreneurs can realize their dreams of business success. Men and women, retired and working, with significant business experience donate their time and talent to assist America's entrepreneurs by providing confidential one-to-one and team business mentoring and free workshops and seminars. Mentors come from a variety of occupations and backgrounds. Many volunteer mentors owned small businesses for years, others have worked for major firms, and others have had significant careers in government or not-for-profits.
Mentors share a belief that small business owners are more likely to succeed if they have a business coach or mentor to guide them. If you want to share your business expertise and give back to your community, consider becoming a SCORE mentor and:
* Help small businesses that otherwise cannot afford expert level business mentoring.
* Coach others to help them achieve personal and financial success
* Learn by co-mentoring and involvement with fellow SCORE members
* Attend social events that provide opportunities for friendship with fellow SCORE members
SCORE will provide you with the required training to become an effective mentor to small businesses.
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 3 / 10 hours per month