Thank you for your interest in Volunteering at Ventures!
To join our list of interested volunteers, please complete all three steps below:
- Fill out our online Volunteer Application (which can be found by visiting http://venturesnonprofit.org/help-invest/volunteer/)
- Send your resume to email@example.com
- Attend the one of the upcoming Volunteer Orientations on June 20th or September 15th both will be from 6:30 to 7:30pm. If you are interested in working directly with low-income business owners, please plan to stay for a Business Coaches’ Training from 7:30 to 9:00pm. Ventures will send you a reminder and more detailed information about this orientation closer to the date.
Help support local low-income entrepreneurs by volunteering at one of Seattle’s most unique and inspiring gift stores!
Our Pike Place stores is the "retail incubator" of Ventures, a nonprofit that empowers low-income entrepreneurs to start their own small businesses. The store showcases handcrafted products from our program participants - there are currently more than 130 local artists selling their work at Ventures, and new artists join us every month!
Greet visitors, answer questions about store merchandise, help customers make their purchases, keep the store bright and tidy, and assist with a wide variety of other store tasks as needed.
The Ventures store is open 7 days a week from 10:30AM-5:30PM, and volunteer shifts are available every day.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment performing a wide variety of tasks.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for Ventures' programs and mission, local artists, small businesses, and entrepreneurship.
- Previous customer service and/or retail experience is helpful but not required.
- Receive a 10% discount on all Ventures products.
- Volunteer in the heart of Pike Place Market!
- Gain valuable experience in customer service, retail sales, cashiering, merchandising, and other retail operations.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-6 hour shift per week