Lewisville area Hospice Patients need Volunteers!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
17 people are interested
Direct Volunteers serve both patients and families in the home and/or nursing facilities. Typically, volunteers visit once a week or more, at the volunteers discretion. Activities might include socializing with the patient and/or family, listening to a life review with the patient, reading to or writing for the patient; playing games; running errands; listening to music; doing small household tasks or simply sitting quietly as a presence.
Training classes, a one-day Saturday training (at a Lewisville Nursing facility) plus a Home Study done online, are offered to provide help in making every visit a good one. If our training schedule does not work for you, we can arrange a Home Study (online or hard copy manual) and a sit down with the volunteer coordinator before taking on visits to a patient.
Assignments are made as close to your home/office as possible. Volunteers are given choices of who and where they go.
Some things that a patient volunteer could do:
- Grocery Shopping
- Pick Up Prescriptions
- Stay with the patient so the caregiver can go out.
- Be in the home so the caregiver can sleep.
- Read to you.
- Light Meal Preparation
- Walk the dog.
- Make telephone calls.
- Write letters.
- Provides practical help and emotional support to terminally ill patients and their families.
- Make regular home visits to offer friendship and diversion.
- Serves as a willing and sensitive listener.
- Facilitates communication between the patient, the patient's family, friends and other caregivers.
- Provides respite for the caregiver.
- Assists the patient and family in preparing for death, and for funeral and after-death arrangements.
- LISTEN, one of the most important things to do for a patient. Listening also gives clues as to what to ask about......
About Seasons Hospice
1643 Lancaster Drive, Suite 203, Grapevine, TX 76051, US
Honoring LifeOffering Hope
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care serves the DFW area, with an office in Fort Worth and Dallas, and ensures quality of life to hospice patients.
Hospice is a vision of caring that gives patients with terminal illness choices about how they spend the last days of their lives. SEASONS HOSPICE also recognizes that individuals and families are the true experts in their own care.
SEASONS HOSPICE supports the volunteers and staff so that they can put our patients and families first, find creative solutions which will add quality of life.
SEASONS HOSPICE strives for excellence beyond accepted standards and tries to increase the communities awareness of hospice as a part of the continuum of care.
We'll work with your schedule.
5237 N. Riverside DriveLewisville, TX 75077
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18