Prepare meals for men's emergency shelter
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
126 people are interested
MCCH welcomes you and/or your group to help us provide 3 meals a day, 365 days a year at our Home Builders Care Assessment Center (HBCAC), which is the county's main men's emergency shelter.
HBCAC is not a soup kitchen; we don’t need volunteers to simply serve meals. HBCAC doesn’t have any cooking facilities, so we need volunteers to deliver prepared meals.
Number of meals needed each day:
November - March: 200 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
April - October: 80 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
All meal donations must be scheduled online at www.tinyurl.com/mcchmeals.
More information can be found at https://mcch.net/donate-a-meal/
About Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
600-B East Gude Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, US
Our mission is to provide solutions in Montgomery County to ensure that homelessness is rare, brief, and nonrecurring. Our vision is to end homelessness in Montgomery County by building a community where everyone has a safe, stable, and affordable place to call home.
Since 1990, Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (MCCH) has provided solutions to end homelessness in Montgomery County. What initially began as a member-based organization with three paid staff operating a loose network of emergency shelters and soup kitchens has grown to over 150 employees operating twelve programs that serve approximately 1,600 men, women, and children each year.
MCCH provides four solutions to ensuring that homelessness is a rare, brief and nonrecurring experience:
- Emergency shelter to meet the needs of men and women currently experiencing homelessness;
- Permanent supportive housing to help formerly homeless families and single adults remain stably housed;
- Advocating for systemic change to create efficient and effective means of responding to homelessness in our community;
- Expanding the supply of affordable housing with our affiliate agency, Coalition Homes, to ensure that everyone in Montgomery County has a safe, stable and affordable place to call home.
We'll work with your schedule.
600-A East Gude DriveRockville, MD 20850
March 3, 2020
- People 55+