Being a Caregiver is not easy work. It often takes a lot out of a person. Our Kenneth Young Center Caregiver Specialist is devoted to "helping the Helpers."
As an office Aide and at local outreach events, tasks include preparing event and class materials, organizing Caregiver Resource files, assisting with mailings, follow-up calls to clients, and filing. You travel to and assist at offsite outreach events where family members who care for seniors learn how to find resources for their loved ones. Your assistance helps to educate caregivers on how to take better care of themselves to ward off burnout. You'll help community members provide top-notch care for their loved ones.
[Kenneth Young Center provides community mental health and senior services to the northwest suburbs. Clients and their families come to us in some of their most desperate moments, and we help by providing:
- Service coordination and in-home services for frail elderly persons.
- Counseling for adults, children, families.
- Assessment, stabilization, linkage for adults/children in psychiatric crisis.
- Treatment, support, and recovery services for those with serious mental illness. Volunteer opportunities.
To learn more about us, or to contact us directly, please visit our website at: www.kennethyoung.org]
- Administrative Support
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- FLEXIBLE! We'll try our best to work with you!
- Must be available during WEEKDAYS w/flex hours
- Help set up a MAJOR (at least to...
- Conversational in Urdu, Hindi or...
- WE NEED YOU!--Home-Delivered...
- Home-Delivered MEALS Driver for...
- Help the Helpers! Be a Care...
- Home-Delivered MEALS...
- Conversational in Korean? Help...
- Fashion Show Committee Member
- Help Seniors remain independent!...
- Finance & accounting...