1 in 7 Michigan residents struggles with food insecurity. Hunger issues aren't slowing down..and either is the work that needs to be done to ensure that millions of pounds of food finds a home.
GENERAL WAREHOUSE / RECLAMATION DEPT
- -Evaluate, sort, wash, or label product
- -Repack bulk items such as cereal or vegetables into smaller portions
- -Sort boxes of retail store donations, including bakery items, produce, and frozen meat. (requires some lifting up to 40 lbs)
- -Assemble agency orders of case counted goods. (Requires some lifting up to 40 lbs)
- Clean and organize
- Two shifts: 9:00am-12:00pm or 1:00pm-4:00pm (we can also schedule between these times!)
Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 9:00-4:30 and most Saturdays from 9:00-12:00. Please schedule an appointment in advance. Call (616)389-6351, email Maggiem@FeedWM.org, or visit http://www.feedingamericawestmichigan.org/volunteer/.
This portal includes a complete list of volunteer opportunities, including light office duties, special events, truck driving, produce picking, and more!
For your safety, closed heel/toe shoes required.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 5
- Kids 15 & under must be accompanied by an authorized adult.