22 people are interested
MHN is the promotional organization for Men's Health Month www.MensHealthMonth.com and Testicular Cancer awareness Month www.TesticularCAncerAwarenessMonth.com and manages the Prostate Cancer Awareness Month website www.ProstateCancerAwarenessMonth.com and the award winning blog www.TalkingAboutMensHealth.com
You can help make these awareness periods more visible and help men, boys, and their families learn more about their health care needs.
Learn more at:
- and -
Volunteers with MHN will be able to offer support in various ways. These ways are listed below. If new types of opportunities arise, then all volunteers will be notified. Volunteers have the ability to choose from the following opportunities listed below:
- Events : Volunteers that help with events could help at the event or in the MHN office. There is a wide variety of events that MHN participates in, and you may be asked to attend/assist with conferences, health fairs, or speaking engagements. Your duties may range from handing out educational material on men’s health issues to offering administrative support in preparation for such events. When the volunteer coordinator contacts you, details about the volunteer duties for a specific event will be outlined.
- Outreach: Volunteers will be engaging men and their families about seeking preventative healthcare services, utilizing their primary care physicians, and monitoring the overall wellness of their families. They can do this by sharing their own personal experiences and their own personal knowledge of health and healthcare. They can work with a member of staff on this and/or in their local communities. MHN can provide them with resources and support to do so.
- Advocacy: Volunteers will be in close contact with a staff member at MHN who works in the public relations department. You will be advocating in your local community for issues that are important to men and their families, and good men’s health practices. You’ll be getting people to write letters, e-mails, make petitions, and make phone calls to local, state and federal decision makers. We can give volunteers a letter template, or wording for the letters, and help getting in contact with their officials and setting up meetings. We can provide volunteers with any materials they need as well, such as statistics and research.
- Administrative/Research: Volunteers will be in the MHN office, helping with administrative tasks. Examples are: mailings, research on health issues, promoting our events, running errands, proofreading publications, etc.
- Speaking: Volunteers will be asked to speak and share their personal experience with men’s health issues. Speaking engagements might be at local conferences, symposiums, or health fairs. An MHN staff member will train and assist speakers if they require it.
We'll work with your schedule.
113 S West StAlexandria, VA 22314
- Event Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+