A few hours a week can have a huge impact in someone's life! Helping Link is looking for volunteer tutors for our After School Tutoring Program. Tutors are directly involved in helping youths, ages 6 - 14, from the Vietnamese community. Our goal is to assist students complete their homework, a task that may not be possible at home due to language barriers for their parents. Tutors provide an engaging, safe, and fun environment where students can improve both academically and socially.
Tutoring is provided on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Our program runs on a quarter system, and each quarter lasts about 10 weeks. We ask for a minimum commitment of 4 hours/week.
About Helping Link: Helping Link is a non-profit organization that offers social services and education programs for Vietnamese refugees and immigrants. Our mission is to "Empower Vietnamese-Americans through assisting them through social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency while nurturing community service and youth leaders".
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Public Relations and...
- Volunteer as a Publicity and...
- Become a Youth Tutor!
- Opportunity for a Photographer...
- Sponsorship Coordinator
- ESL Instructors Needed!!!
- Administrative Assistant
- Board of Directors
- Flex your talents as a Web...
- iPad Instructor - Help us bridge...
- Love teaching? Love children?...
- Volunteer IT needed!!!
- Marketing and Publicity Team
- Gain Grant Writing Experience!
- Opportunity for a Communications...
- Help Seniors & Immigrants Learn...