ASSIST A CHILD
motherhood childcare project
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
28 people are interested
MOCAP is a community based organisation based in uganda,at the moment the project works on community outreach basis although we are soliciting for people of good heartn to help us build a home
.lt assists vulnerable children i.e Hiv/Aids children&youth,orphans,disabled,abused e.t.c and youth in clothing ,scholarstic materials,food and getting scholarships for them,lt assists widows and guardians of the project to get income generating capital.
lt is based in uganda,wakiso districtie sub-counties of Nabweru,nanasana town council,Gombe,mattugga,kampala central,and intends to open up branches in jinja and Hoima disticts.
Activities for volunteers include,teaching,phiotherapy,washing for the children,counselling guardians,monitoring drug adherence for those with HIv/Aids,music dance drama,sports,travelling,etc as per projects volunteer guide.
The project has 2 host homes in a peri-urban area of @ accomodates 2 volunteers of the same sex,acouple,or close relatives at a given time for thestated period agreed.The houses contain electricity,water around the compound,with a fence around.Airport pick-up &drop off is done at project.
working hours is 9.00am-4.00pm and weekeds off
volunteers are expected to travel to areas of interest towards the end of visit ie visit game parks at their own expense.
local meals are served at host home to experience the different cultures.
About motherhood childcare project
Kawempe-maganjo, wakiso - district, kampala, East Africa +256, UG
Our mission is to provide maximum comfort, discipline welfare, child rights, and improve on the livelihood of vulnerable children. And our vision is to advocate, and promote the lives of vulnerable children, through provision of social services, care & support.
We have a set of objectives which include;
- Support children infected with HIV/Aids in health, clothing, beddings & scholastic materials.
- To bring up our children in a god fearing and humble manner
- Co-ordinate scholarships for them at all levels
- Rural illiteracy transformation,
- Providing shelter for the homeless & disadvantaged children.
- Promote mutual co-operation amongst them & international relationships.
- Promote the girl child education
- Setting up projects for widows.
- Training children in recreational activities i.e. sports & drama e.tc
- Lobbying for development projects for these children in all fields.
We shall be very grateful if our request is put into your kind consideration.
Please note that we are in need of only lnternational volunteers, Interns, job seekers are booked on request.