Assist adults learning English as a second language in improving their conversational English skills in an informal, small group setting.
Volunteers host one class a week. Sessions are offered Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.
Key Responsibilities: Plan and lead a small group activities and discussions for adults learning English Submit simple monthly reports on hours and participants Maintain contact with Literacy Plus regarding needs, concerns, and any questions that may arise.
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Gain experience in working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Learn about other cultures and language groups
- Meet a variety of interesting people
- Make a valuable contribution to our community
- Sharpen ESL teaching skills
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Literacy
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 2 Hours a Week
- Training Required