Enjoy Meeting New People - become a Volunteer Greeter
81 people are interested
- Welcome visitors to the Dublin Senior Center. Make new friends, share the Dublin Senior Center with others and enrich your life through this experience.
- Enhance customer relations by greeting and acknowledging patrons.
- Give brief tours of the Senior Center. Supply information and distribute literature about our services.
- Take class attendance and collect activity fees.
- Serve as a Host for special events.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a positive personality and friendly demeanor.
- Must be able to approach and welcome all types of people while being a good listener.
- Be knowledgeable about the activities, programs, and services offered at the Senior Center.
- Exceptional customer service experience is preferred.
- One day a week, Monday - Friday
- 3.5 - 4 hour morning and afternoon shifts depending on availability
- 6 month commitment
About Dublin Senior Center
7600 Amador Valley Blvd., Dublin, CA 94568, US
The Dublin Senior Center's goal is to sustain a warm, welcoming, and accessible recreation facility that fulfills the social, educational, and creative needs of those 50 years and older, and to support their independent/healthy lifestyles. We create opportunities to make rewarding friendships, participate in intriguing activities and lead a lifestyle of possibilities!
For the past 20 years, volunteers at the Senior Center have played a vital role in providing programs, activities, and services that enhance the quality of life in the community. Our program is successful in working with individual volunteers who are able to make a minimum commitment of 6 months. All volunteers are scheduled, therefore we do not accept walk-in volunteer requests. Unfortunately, our program is not set up to fulfill court hours or to support a large group of volunteers.
Our core values include: health & wellness, accessibility, lifelong learning, volunteerism, social connections, fun, and professional customer-focused staff. We approach each opportunity as a T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Accomplishes More) philosophy. As our programs, activities, and services continue to expand so does the need to attract and retain dedicated volunteers. On average, the Senior Center welcomes 160 patrons a day. We offer quality enrichment classes and activities. Our programs, activities, events, and services are detailed in the "Dublin Doings" newsletter published quarterly.
We'll work with your schedule.
7600 Amador Valley Blvd.Dublin, CA 94568
- Customer Service
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3.5 hour shift, once a week
- minimum commitment of 6 months