We Invite you be a hospice volunteer in San Francisco/San Mateo.
192 people are interested
Do you have the heart to volunteer with end-of-life care in our unique and diverse community?
If you answered "yes", we invite you to volunteer with us! Our agency has been serving the San Francisco Bay Area for 40 years and was the first hospice on the West Coast. We know how to do this!
Once you are accepted into our core volunteer training/orientation, you will view online modules and attend three classroom days. In this comprehensive training, you learn skills necessary to visit patient/families. Volunteers receive support in a variety of ways..... from our Volunteer Coordinators and hospice team clinicians, to our support meetings and education, and through the camaraderie of your fellow volunteers.
In your role as a Patient & Family Support Volunteer, you provide:
- The gift of listening (emotional support and companionship)
- The gift of sharing ( a meaningful activity)
- The gift of caregiver support (relief for caregiver to go out of the home)
- The gift of practical assistance (doing errands, transportation, simple house chores
No professional qualifications are necessary, but we need individuals who
- Have time (2-3 hours) per week
- Are team players
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Value compassion
- Are multi-generational - ages 20-80!
- Are bi-lingual in Spanish, Cantonese/Mandarin, Farsi, Tagalong, Russian
Many volunteers find that hospice volunteering enriches their lives, and often say, "I received more than I gave away".
We need you and encourage you to contact us today. Feel free to visit our website for more volunteer specific information and our online application. www.hospicebythebay.org
We'll work with your schedule.
180 Redwood StreetSan Francisco, CA 94102
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A true commitment of 2-3 hours per week
- complete application and interview, TB skin test, proof of MMRV immunity, annual flu vaccine