Our Green Team volunteers sustain and transform Piedmont Park by helping with park beautification projects. We always have a running list of projects where volunteers can make a difference. Our park beautification projects include weeding perennial beds, spreading mulch, collecting trash, pruning, rooting out invasive plants, raking and so much more!
Volunteers will meet at the Piedmont Park Conservancy’s administrative office which is located across from Magnolia Hall, just outside the 1st floor park entrance of the parking garage shared by Piedmont Park and Atlanta Botanical Garden. To access the parking garage, enter via the Atlanta Botanical Garden main entrance (1345 Piedmont Avenue, Atlanta, GA, 30309) or from Monroe Drive (1320 Monroe Dr., NE, Atlanta, GA 30306). For additional directions to the park, please follow this link http://www.piedmontpark.org/visit/park_map.html.
- This is a great opportunity for individual adults, teens, or families looking for a flexible or one-time volunteer experience! This project is typically available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 am -11 am.
- Volunteer check-in is between 9 am--9:15 am.
- Volunteers must sign up to help in advance.
- No previous experience is necessary, just a willingness to learn about Piedmont Park and a ready-to-get-dirty attitude!
- Have a strong interest in or desire to learn about Piedmont Park and working outdoors.
- Volunteers must be 14 years or older. Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All of our projects will be outdoors and occur rain or shine.
- Must be able to stand and bend up to 2 hours, perform tasks on uneven ground, lift up to 30 pounds, and walk 1-2 miles in the course of completing tasks around the park.
- All volunteers must sign a liability waiver prior to participating in any volunteer activities.
This volunteer experience is a great way to make new friends, explore Piedmont Park, and work alongside Piedmont Park Conservancy staff to care for the park’s diverse plant communities and habitats. Projects are based on the current needs of the park.
How to sign up?
Please visit Hands on Atlanta's website to sign up for this great opportunity at www.handsonatlanta.org.
- Environmental Education
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 3 hours
- A passion for parks and the willingness to work outdoors.