Get your hands dirty revitalizing and keeping Piedmont Park beautiful year-round! This opportunity is a great way to make new friends, explore Piedmont Park, and work alongside Piedmont Park Conservancy staff to care for the park’s diverse plant communities and habitats. Projects are based on the current needs of the park. Typical projects include general clean-up of park grounds, planting, weeding, mulching, spreading of pine straw, watering of plants, removal of invasive plant species, seasonal planting, dog park maintenance, painting, graffiti removal, and miscellaneous maintenance and horticulture projects.
Volunteers will meet at the Piedmont Park Conservancy’s administrative office which is located across from Magnolia Hall, just outside the 1st floor park entrance of the SAGE parking facility. Piedmont Park is located approximately 2 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta. The park runs along 10th Street (a block west of 10th & Monroe Avenue to a block east of 10th & Piedmont Avenue) and Piedmont Avenue (12th & Piedmont to just before 15th & Piedmont) in midtown Atlanta. Piedmont Park is open daily from 6 am--11 pm. Piedmont Park is accessible by car, MARTA, bike or walking. For directions to the park, please follow this link http://www.piedmontpark.org/visit/park_map.html. Please note that no parking validations are given.
- This is a great opportunity for one-time volunteers or volunteers looking for a flexible schedule! This project is available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 am -11 am.
- Volunteer check-in is between 9 am--9:15 am. Volunteers must sign up to help in advance.
- No previous experience is necessary, just a willingness to learn about Piedmont Park and a ready-to-get-dirty attitude!
- Have a strong interest in or desire to learn about horticulture.
- Volunteers must be 14 years or older. Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All of our projects will be outdoors and occur rain or shine.
- Must be able to stand and bend up to 2 hours, perform tasks on uneven ground, lift up to 30 pounds, and walk 1-2 miles in the course of completing tasks around the park.
- All volunteers must sign a liability waiver prior to participating in any volunteer activities.
How to sign up?
Please visit Hands on Atlanta's website to sign up for this great opportunity at www.handsonatlanta.org.
- Environmental Education
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 3 hours
- A passion for parks and the willingness to work outdoors.